AntiGravity is an acrobatic performance troupe that was founded in NYC in 1990 by Christopher Harrison. From the Olympics to Broadway to MTV, they are the most prominent American based company in the rapidly emerging field of Aerial Arts. The company is best known for their performances which incorporate AntiGravity Boots, Dancing Bungees and the AntiGravity Hammock.
The AntiGravity Hammock is a structural fabric that is connected from two overhead points. It acts like a swing or soft trapeze. The AntiGravity Hammock is utilized to change one’s dynamic relationship to the ground, allowing the participant to better understand their body and its relationship to physics.
- Zero compression inversions
- Circulatory and lymphatic system refresh
- Stimulating the release of neurotransmitters from the brain.
- Decompression of spine thru gentle traction
- Hydration of vertebral disks.
- Increased muscular flexibility
- Core strengthening
- Upper and lower body muscular strengthening
- Increased kinesthetic awareness; Fine-tuning balance & agility
- More astute proprioceptor (sensory receptors) response
- Increased joint mobility
- Low impact cardiovascular conditioning.
- Increased command/response acuity.
- Greater cerebellum function
- Increased Neuromuscular plasticity.
- Hormone stimulation.
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering basic fears.
- More astute presence through mindful consciousness conditioning.
- Learning of new skills: A creative and artistic fitness experience.
- Uniquely fun experience that works risible muscles as well as functional muscles.
You will leave class feeling lighter. Your posture will be improved and you will be taller (growth is not cumulative).